Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ChangeFusion Nepal

“Social entrepreneurs are not content just to give a fish or teach how to fish. They will not rest until they have revolutionized the fishing industry.”
Bill Drayton

"What business entrepreneurs are to the economy, social entrepreneurs are to social change. They are the driven, creative individuals who question the status quo, exploit new opportunities, refuse to give up, and remake the world for the better."
--
David Bornstein

“A little bit of good can turn into a whole lot of good when fueled by the commitment of a social entrepreneur.”
--
Jeffrey Skoll


Yesterday I started working with ChangeFusion Nepal, a NGO that supports and offers financial assistance to different social entrepreneurs and their groups. ChangeFusion is an intimate group of about six people, four who are around my age. Today was my second day at the office, and I'm helping to organize a social entrepreneurship awards ceremony to recognize different groups from all over Nepal. 

Right now my work has been collecting quotes to be hung around the courtyard at the awards ceremony. The work is completely voluntary, but they do provide lunch fo' free :)


1 comment:

  1. I am actually "Facebook friends" with this org cause I saw Alex liked it. I took a class on social entrepreneurship last semester. Also check out Ashoka.org for quotes. I'm applying for a job there.

    ReplyDelete