Nature Sightings:
black squirrel
porcupine crossing
This morning I was awoken by a text from Ashley: "Pannu @ 920 in A4!" Pannu is a finish pancake-type dish that's apparently easy to make, and was so sweet and delicious! like a warm danish. I really like how we're slowly having more and more spontaneous lab dinners together. Now that there's five of us, it's just easier to cook for everyone! Lodge Lab Family. Anyway, it's good that I went over because I found out that she and Ricky were planning on going to Roach Lake at 10 to practice for next week's plant surveys and practice diving. So I tagged along, and although didn't see too many fish, it was lovely to lounge with the deerflies and swim around. Ricky and I did a fun-practice dive for about 30 minutes (visibility: 15m, depth: 12 - 15 ft) where we were flipping around like seals and swimming on our backs like whales.
In preparation for Dr. David Lodge's arrival today, we had a huge lab/truck cleanup. We were sweepin' moppin', storage shed runnin', wet lab runnin'. I haven't actually met him yet because I spent the evening at Trout Lake, but I'm sure I'll meet him tomorrow.
Also, today was 92 degrees and a bit humid, but no where near as sticky as Virginia. Then in the evening a wonderful thunderstorm pulled through, filled with warm rain and awesome lightning strikes. Driving home was a bit scary, but I just took my time and got back in time to catch the end of our Sunday Grad-Dinner (which I wasn't disappointed to miss most of because today's theme was Meat).
hahahahaha what a theme: Meat.
ReplyDelete