YESTERDAY
LAB/FIELD 10 - 10:30
- Ashley let me sleep in! Definitely needed it.
- Helped her create crayfish diets for one of her experiments down at Trout Lake, a field station owned and operated by Univ. of Wisconsin - Madison.
- Changed the water in all 139 crayfish containers and feed 'em.
- Listened to CP give a presentation on his research concerning stream ecology.
TODAY
LAB 9 - 6
- crayfish container construction. guerilla glue'd rocks into the bottom of these containers that will go into different lakes to observe and record native range crayfish growth.
- two of my bluegill aren't doing too well. they were laying on side on bottom of holding tank. Fed the ten of them nightcrawlers that I had to cut into pieces. soooo horrible.
- COLLECTED MUSHROOMS! AND THEN STIR-FRIED THEM 10 MINUTES LATER! yes, you read correctly, mom. I actually like the oyster mushrooms that are around here. CP walked back with us during our lunch break and we collected them on the way. It felt so good to forage something and then eat it immediately.
So, this morning I kept hitting the snooze button on my alarm because I didn't have to be ready until 9. In between snooze sessions, I noticed that Alexandra was sleeping in the top bunk, which is strange because a) she is always ready by 8 and b) she has her own bed. it wasn't until I came back from the bathroom that I realized that the person in the top bunk was not Alexandra, nor was she anyone I had met before. I later found out that her name is Sherry and she works in Ben's lab on ND campus. She is staying through Saturday as she checks out UNDERC (univ. of notre dame environmental research center) to get ideas for PhD research here next summer. But like, really? No warning from anyone that we were going to be having someone join us. Apparently she actually slept on the couch in the common room last night and moved to the bed when my suitemates were getting ready this morning. And Ben just told me that we'll be getting more temporary roommates next week? I just wish someone would've told us!!!
Yeah that's super weird that they didn't notify you that some random people would be coming into your room - how freaky!
ReplyDelete